Thozha Movie Review And Rating
Thozha, the latest Tamil film hit the big screens on 25th March 2016. the film features Karthi and Nagarjuna Akkineni playing the male leads, while Tamannaah plays the female lead. the comedy-drama film directed by Vamsi Paidipally., which is produced by Prasad V Potluri under the banner of PVP cinema. the film is the official remake of the French film The Intouchables (2011).
Thozha Movie Cast & Crew
[one_half]Directed by[/one_half][one_half_last]Vamsi Paidipally[/one_half_last]
[one_half]Produced by[/one_half][one_half_last]Prasad V Potluri[/one_half_last]
[one_half]Screenplay by[/one_half][one_half_last]Raja Murugan[/one_half_last]
[one_half]Music by[/one_half][one_half_last]Gopi Sunder[/one_half_last]
[one_half]Production company[/one_half][one_half_last]PVP cinema[/one_half_last]
[one_half]Release Date[/one_half][one_half_last]25 March 2016[/one_half_last]
Thozha Movie Story
Vikram Aditya (Akkineni Nagarjuna) is a millionaire, don’t having any any relations. But he always wants to have family and friends around him. He gives importance to the human relations more than money. On the other hand, Sreenu (Actor Karthik) is a very poor guy, gives too much importance to the money and never care about human relations.
Tamanna Bhatia is secretary of Vikram Aditya. Sreenu (Karthik) will be appointed as a personal assistant by Vikram (Nag). Then the story begins. By happening some funny and emotional incidents Sreenu and Vikram becoming very close like family members.
Thozha Movie Review
A movie crafted with a feel good makeover, Thozha spreads positive energy and has lot of takeaways for life and how life is to be lived. here is a beautiful film sans any of the regular Tamil masala flavours that we see very often. The word entertainment offer different meaning and experience to different people. Thozha is definitely an entertaining film but the level of entertainment it provides is on a different platform and in a different format.
Its the story of a deep bonding shared between a wealthy businessman Vikram who is half paralysed and his caretaker Seenu played by Nagarjuna and Karthi respectively. Vikram and his secretary ( Tamannaah) interviews various candidates for the caretaker’s role. But the normal nature of prospective candidates doesn’t excite Vikram who got interested in the casual and positive attitude of Seenu who was on a parole and naturally he got selected.
The film show us the honest and sincere relationship / friendship developed between the two as both of them becomes saviour or helper to each other on many occasions that makes them inseparable.
Vamsi Paidippally is the director and he can be proud of this movie which is bound to taste success and get positive feedbacks. The screenplay has helped his cause that has lot of light hearted moments, some touching scenes and well written dialogues to name a few. Some witty scenes like the painting scenes and describing the meaning of a portrait created by Seenu was good for a laugh.
One complaint I have is the running time. Close to three hours ( 172 minutes to be precise), Thozha is tad too lengthy. They had the chance to stop somewhere around the two and a half hour mark but got extended to another twenty minutes or so. The extended twenty minutes wasn’t that bad but had they trimmed some portions towards the close, it would have looked more crisp and sharp.
The relationship between Vikram and Seenu is being told with lot of lessons for us on how to lead a good and positive life without any stress. At times, a feel of preaching was felt but that was in a limited and tolerable level. When the results do more good than bad, who cares for such minor negativity.
Both Nagarjuna and Karthy did their respective roles with ease and shared a good onscreen chemistry that played a vital part in making the film a success. Little expressions from Nagarjuna and comic timing of Karthi with his oneliners were a real treat for the audience. Tamannaah in the secretary role looked hot and beautiful. She had little role to play but was part of the proceedings and had reasonable share of screen presence.
Two lady superstars makes cameo appearances and made it count. Prakash Raj as friend and legal adviser to Vikram was a good casting who made us laugh on more than one occasion with his typical mannerisms. Vivek makes a brief appearance while actress Jayasudha play mother to Karthi.
There are couple of Kerala connection for Thozha. One is on the music side and all credits to Gopi Sundar for such beautiful background score that elevated the film to another level. His songs were also impressive and goes well with the visuals. The next Kerala connection that I am referring to is the presence of late actress Kalpana. She didn’t have a big role to play but it was a neat act from her. Unfortunately, she could not dub for this film and had it been her own voice, her role would have made more impact.
Cinematography added another feather to Thozha. The frames had a rich and elegant feel to it and all credits to the camera team. Edits were good making sure the film retained its total flow but as said before, the length could have been trimmed a bit to make the film look more appealing.
Thozha is not our regular Tamil popcorn movie but is not to be discarded on that count. A good entertainer giving a totally different feel and colour altogether, it was a refreshing experience for me watching a sincere movie that has its heart at the right place.
Thozha Movie Rating
Thozha Live Audience Response
- padam sema hit chance ey illa. what a movie from karthi. it will definetly hit the box office. superb acting by karthi. a good value for our money. defenetly all age people will like this movie. all comedies are very super.
- Nice movie.. full movie is mix of comedy, sente, romance, care, love… everyone can go and enjoy the movie… family entertainment 😉 Nagarjuna’s acting is so good… even karthi’s role is good.. songs are OK OK… but screen play is good… nice movie to relax for this hot summer… enjoy the movie… 😉
- super duper hit nice Karthi and naga nice to again very good direction ta manna, an us has and Sheryl super totally super so I oops I pop pop-up pop pop we…
- First half super second half bit slow butGood entertainmemt never felt bore Nagarjun acting super, nice comedy sentiment.Karthi thamana performance good over all good movie can watch with family. and worth for money.
- The remake of the movie ‘The Intouchables’ but the director had given his best. Karthi and Nagarjuna combo was good and emotional. The DOP was brilliant. A feel good movie. A good movie which can be enjoyed with friends and family. I would give 3.5/5.
- Good movie.. Centimental and good..very nice combination of karthik and nagarjuna :-):-):-):-):-) all acted their part very well.. Money is not important to find happiness is the final story.
- With little comedy touches the film touches your heart with emotions the acting of Nag,karthi is mind blowing. And the film looks rich on the screen with pvp sir putting much interest &the heroines Tamanna, anushka,Gabriella and shriya also looked very gud on the screen .Nice direction and nice movie…
- super acting for karthi and naga Arjuna and this film goes to royal look background and good combo for karthi and tamna,good comedy. 1off and 2off is beautiful entiretain for director vamsi.
- Thozha was superb entertainer. Never gonna regret your time spent far the movie. Karthi and Nagarjuna screen presence was terrific. Tamanna was gorgeous..
- It’s an nice family entertainer. The story is good and suits the title. There is no unwanted scenes and making bored. Karthi as usual running comedy dialogues. All is Good one.