Oopiri, the latest Telugu film hit the big screens on 25th March 2016. the film features Nagarjuna Akkineni and Karthi playing the male leads, while Tamannaah plays the female lead. the comedy-drama film directed by Vamsi Paidipally., which is produced by Prasad V Potluri under the banner of PVP cinema. the film is the official remake of the French film The Intouchables (2011).
Oopiri Movie Cast & Crew
[one_half]Directed by[/one_half][one_half_last]Vamsi Paidipally[/one_half_last]
[one_half]Produced by[/one_half][one_half_last]Prasad V Potluri[/one_half_last]
[one_half]Screenplay by[/one_half][one_half_last]Abburi Ravi[/one_half_last]
[one_half]Music by[/one_half][one_half_last]Gopi Sunder[/one_half_last]
[one_half]Production company[/one_half][one_half_last]PVP cinema[/one_half_last]
[one_half]Release Date[/one_half][one_half_last]25 March 2016[/one_half_last]
Oopiri Movie Story
Vikram Aditya (Akkineni Nagarjuna) is a millionaire, don’t having any any relations. But he always wants to have family and friends around him. He gives importance to the human relations more than money. On the other hand, Sreenu (Actor Karthik) is a very poor guy, gives too much importance to the money and never care about human relations.
Tamanna Bhatia is secretary of Vikram Aditya. Sreenu (Karthik) will be appointed as a personal assistant by Vikram (Nag). Then the story begins. By happening some funny and emotional incidents Sreenu and Vikram becoming very close like family members.
Oopiri Movie Review
A movie crafted with a feel good makeover, Oopiri spreads positive energy and has lot of takeaways for life and how life is to be lived. here is a beautiful film sans any of the regular Telugu masala flavours that we see very often. The word entertainment offer different meaning and experience to different people. Oopiri is definitely an entertaining film but the level of entertainment it provides is on a different platform and in a different format.
Its the story of a deep bonding shared between a wealthy businessman Vikram who is half paralysed and his caretaker Seenu played by Nagarjuna and Karthi respectively. Vikram and his secretary ( Tamannaah) interviews various candidates for the caretaker’s role. But the normal nature of prospective candidates doesn’t excite Vikram who got interested in the casual and positive attitude of Seenu who was on a parole and naturally he got selected.
The film show us the honest and sincere relationship / friendship developed between the two as both of them becomes saviour or helper to each other on many occasions that makes them inseparable.
Vamsi Paidippally is the director and he can be proud of this movie which is bound to taste success and get positive feedbacks. The screenplay has helped his cause that has lot of light hearted moments, some touching scenes and well written dialogues to name a few. Some witty scenes like the painting scenes and describing the meaning of a portrait created by Seenu was good for a laugh.
One complaint I have is the running time. Close to three hours ( 172 minutes to be precise), Oopiri is tad too lengthy. They had the chance to stop somewhere around the two and a half hour mark but got extended to another twenty minutes or so. The extended twenty minutes wasn’t that bad but had they trimmed some portions towards the close, it would have looked more crisp and sharp.
The relationship between Vikram and Seenu is being told with lot of lessons for us on how to lead a good and positive life without any stress. At times, a feel of preaching was felt but that was in a limited and tolerable level. When the results do more good than bad, who cares for such minor negativity.
Both Nagarjuna and Karthy did their respective roles with ease and shared a good onscreen chemistry that played a vital part in making the film a success. Little expressions from Nagarjuna and comic timing of Karthi with his oneliners were a real treat for the audience. Tamannaah in the secretary role looked hot and beautiful. She had little role to play but was part of the proceedings and had reasonable share of screen presence.
Two lady superstars makes cameo appearances and made it count. Prakash Raj as friend and legal adviser to Vikram was a good casting who made us laugh on more than one occasion with his typical mannerisms. Vivek makes a brief appearance while actress Jayasudha play mother to Karthi.
There are couple of Kerala connection for Oopiri. One is on the music side and all credits to Gopi Sundar for such beautiful background score that elevated the film to another level. His songs were also impressive and goes well with the visuals. The next Kerala connection that I am referring to is the presence of late actress Kalpana. She didn’t have a big role to play but it was a neat act from her. Unfortunately, she could not dub for this film and had it been her own voice, her role would have made more impact.
Cinematography added another feather to Oopiri. The frames had a rich and elegant feel to it and all credits to the camera team. Edits were good making sure the film retained its total flow but as said before, the length could have been trimmed a bit to make the film look more appealing.
Oopiri is not our regular Telugu popcorn movie but is not to be discarded on that count. A good entertainer giving a totally different feel and colour altogether, it was a refreshing experience for me watching a sincere movie that has its heart at the right place.
Oopiri Movie Rating
Oopiri Live Audience Response
- Classic movie. Best performances. Awesome music. Excellent technical values. Nag and Karthik redifined acting. Director has taken telugu movie making to new heights.
- simply superb movie…cool performance by nag rocking performance by karthi. it tells how to celebrate our life…must watch movie plus points: karthi nag bgm screenplay n three beautiful songs cinematography minus points: anushka episode
- Nc film concept was very much intresting much exicted with the relation between nagarjuna na karthi nd sherya was added beauty to the film she was very beautiful.
- ‘OOpiri’ is anthr gr8 wrk tht shifts TFI focus to where it belongs…hands down to d entire team! #OOpiri: One of the best movies made in Telugu. Full of heart-touching moments;made with so much humor. Classy. Surprised with Paidipally’s
- Another #Tollywood pride movie in recent times #OOpiri a fresh breath of #SouthIndianCinema kudos Vamshi and team especially #Nagarjuna & #Karthi with just nailed their characters.
- Outstanding movie… Everyone should watch.. Life changing movie.. nag and Karthi done wonderful job…first half of outstanding.. Second half is very good.. Songs are awesome..
- Excellent movie in this year i ever watched acting was moravaless gret movie must must watch ……… screen play and direction is too good and a fentastic story
- the direction was good. the story was excellent, all artists performed well. the move tells about all relationship’s. the movie simply rocks and minus point was songs and music.
- 2016 best movie for actors nagarjuna sir n dear karthi also gud picturisation directed by vamsi paidipally sir. Watch every one it’s very loveable and sentimental movie.
- Vamshi sir really nice, just we are waiting for this type of movies presently people’s are looking for non commercial movies, make movies with feel always.
- The best feel good movie I’d seen in ages…!! Don’t search for the story. Just feel;-) Performances had been on the par. Just made my weekend beautiful.