The human body needs growth hormones for development. Naturally, these growth hormones are secreted majorly by the pituitary gland that is located inside the skull. But, there are cases when the secretion of these hormones go down to a very low level that hinders the development of the body. This condition is termed as Growth Hormone Deficiency (GHD).
Apart from physical development, these hormones are also responsible for tissue formation and muscle structuring.
To counter this problem, synthetic human growth hormone (HGH) is used in a number of forms (injections, gel, dietary supplements). Human Growth Hormone Gel (HGH Gel) is one of its forms, about which you’ll know after going through this post.
POSSIBLE CAUSES OF GROWTH HORMONE DEFICIENCY (GHD)-
Though there are chances that the reason for GHD might remain unknown, few plausible causes that have been observed by researchers are-
- Genetic Disorders
- Serious Head Injuries (Acquired Growth Hormone Deficiency)
- Tumor (developed near pituitary gland)
- Chronic Kidney Disease
SYMPTOMS OF GROWTH HORMONE DEFICIENCY (GHD)
Here are a few symptoms that are a red flag for alerting you that it is the time to consult a doctor.
- Fat Around the Abdomen
- Delayed Puberty
- Not Attaining Standard Height (according to age)
- Much younger build up in comparison to those of the same age.
WHO CAN USE HGH GEL?
HGH Gel is used by young adolescents and adults (on doctor’s recommendation) to overcome the problem of growth hormone deficiency. The gel can foster muscle mass and reduce body fat in healthy adults. However, it is not necessary that increased muscle mass will result in better strength.
This gel is also said to have anti-aging effects for adults. It counters weight gain, aging, and poor body composition. However, medical researchers have different schools of thought on this topic. Some experts find this gel to be incompetent in making an individual look youthful against his/her actual age.
HGH gels are available in the market even based on distinctive uses such as for athletes, health issue uses, anti-aging purposes, etc.
HGH GEL– COMPOSITION
This transdermal gel is approved for only treating specific health conditions and is otherwise banned by FDA. Those health conditions include-
- Prader Willi Syndrome
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Muscle deterioration due to HIV/AIDS
- Turner Syndrome
- Short Stature Syndrome
The gel consists of several active and inactive ingredients, to name a few purified water, absorbic acid, ally pentaerythritol crosspolymer, organic aloe vera, benzyl alcohol, coconut oil.
BENEFITS OF USING HGH GEL
- Improves bone joint health
- Ensures better sleep quality
- Improves skin health
- Positively affects mental health
- Reduces the chances of postural disorders being developed
- Reduces body fat
- Improves metabolism
- Enhances muscle mass and tissue health
- Improves brain functioning
- Improves thinking patterns
- Regulates insulin amount
- HGH gel is easy to use and is generally prescribed to be applied like 2 full pumps in the morning and evening for some days as per the doctor’s recommendation. The usage quantity might differ depending upon the severity of the deficiency.
- The gel has to be applied on thinner areas for better absorption.
- The gel can be applied on forearms, palms, near wrist, lower side of knee.
- If perfumes or deodorants are on, it can hinder the absorption and thus, might affect the results.
- Prior expert consultation is always advisable for pregnant ladies or breastfeeding mothers.
PRECAUTIONS & RISKS INVOLVED
- The off-label use of HGH in any form is banned from FDA. FDA has specified cases permitting the use of this synthesised protein.
- Some experts even claim that the homoeopathic HGH gels are available which have better effects without causing any harm, but, there is no evidence found by FDA supporting the same.
- Over usage of this gel might cause side effects. One should seek a health expert’s advice if found any side effects.
CONTROVERSY ON HGH GELS
The major controversy over the usage of this gel is related to the claim that it acts as an anti aging gel. Certain fallacious endorsements claim this for promoting the sale of their product. Though, so far, the FDA has not reported any evidence in support of this claim.
Some dietary product selling companies also claim that their products are composed of elements that are used in formation of HGH, but in reality, that might not be the caset. Some experts have the opinion that there is no such case. Infact, in the US, usage of growth hormones in dietary supplements is banned by the FDA.
Some similar ineffective products are being sold in the market which do not deliver promising results.
Overdosage of such medications might cause problems in the long run, thus, using it without doctor’s consultation can be a problem.
One major substitute to this gel is usage of HGH injections. This is quite a common way to treat growth hormone deficiency in children and adults facing GHD issues approved by the FDA.
The effects of these injections are also as beneficial as the gel and require check ups at regular intervals
Some supplements and sprays are also in place to deliver the desired results.
Other methods include modifications in diet, healthy lifestyle habits, exercise, and yoga techniques.
HGH gels are legal to treat health conditions approved by the FDA. The gel is effective in countering growth hormone deficiency. It contains diluted ingredients that effectively improves bone density and tissue structuring of many organs. It can be used as per the health specialists prescribed way that depends on the nature of deficiency and many other factors.
There are other forms of this gel that can be used such as HGH injections, sprays, supplements. The usage and dosage vary for different age groups- in children, adults, in some cases, it may differ as per the health condition of the individual.
There are several arguments for and against the concept of this therapy. Nevertheless, it has clinical benefits and improves the overall mental and physical development of an individual.
Taking the necessary precautions, one can use it for treatment of growth hormone deficiency related issues.