Sunil Dutt Biography – Biography Of SunilDutt in Film Dhamaka
Sunil Dutt was a famous film actor and politician. He was born on 6 June 1929 in Jhelum district of undivided Punjab. He was educated at Jai Hind College, Mumbai. He started his career as an announcer at Radio Ceylon. Radio Ceylon is the oldest radio station in South Asia. Dutt Saheb became very popular as an announcer. He had great interest in acting. He soon made his mark in this field. His first film was Railway Station which was made in 1955. The film Mother India, made in the year 1957, was a huge hit. This film made him a Bollywood star. He acted in more than 50 films and also produced and directed many films.
His last film as an actor was the film Munna Bhai MBBS in 2003. In this film, he played the role of father of his own son Sanjay Dutt. He was honored with many honors including Padma Shri. In 2005, he was awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the biggest award in Hindi cinema. Sunil Dutt was also an accomplished social worker. The Maharashtra government made him a Justice of Peace in 1975 and sheriff in 1981. During the 1962 war with China, he donated one lakh to the National Security Fund.
Ajanta Art Team was formed to entertain the soldiers. During the war, not only boosted the morale of the soldiers but also helped them. Sponsored Nitin Narayan Rao to cross the English Channel. He was married to Nargis who died due to cancer. Dutt Saheb established Nargis Memorial Foundation, a cancer hospital.
Sunil Dutt also stepped into the field of film production through the film ‘Yeh Raaste Hai Pyaar Ke’ released in 1963. The film was not very successful at the ticket window. After this film Sunil Dutt produced the film ‘Mujhe Jeene Do’. The film was based on the life of bandits. This film proved to be a super hit. After this, he launched his brother Som Dutt as a lead actor in the film ‘Mann Ka Meet’. Som Dutt’s film journey was not very successful. Sunil Dutt produced and directed his ambitious film Reshma Aur Shera in 1971. He also played a role in this film. It was a period and big budget film which was rejected by the audience. Even after becoming a producer and director, Sunil Dutt never stayed away from acting for long. His roles in Sunil Dutt’s films ‘Pran Jaye Par Vachan Na Jaye’ (1974), ‘Naagin’ (1976), ‘Jaani Dushman’ (1979) and ‘Shaan’ (1980) made in the seventies and eighties were liked. . During this time Sunil Dutt was also associated with religious Punjabi films. In which ‘Man Jeet Jag Jeet’ (1973), ‘Dukh Bhanjan Tera Naam’ (1974), ‘Sat Shri Akal’ (1977) are prominent.
Sunil Dutt entered politics for social service after playing several roles in films and became a member of the Lok Sabha with the support of the Congress. He was awarded the Padma Shri award in the year 1968. Sunil Dutt was appointed Sheriff of Mumbai in 1982. Apart from Hindi films, Sunil Dutt also showed his acting skills in many Punjabi films. These include superhit films like ‘Man Jeet Jag Jeet’ 1973, ‘Dukh Bhanjan Tera Naam’ 1974 and ‘Sat Shri Akal’ 1977.
public welfare works
Sunil Dutt and Nargis – both husband and wife together had formed a cultural organization named “Ajanta Arts Cultural Troupe” long back. Through this institution, he continued to do the work of national and public welfare from film making. After the death of his wife Nargis Dutt due to liver cancer in 1981, Sunil Dutt founded the “Nargis Dutt Memorial Cancer Foundation”. Not only this, every year “Nargis Award” was also started in her memory. Now both these works are seen by their daughters and son together.
Honours and awards
O 1964 – Filmfare Best Actor Award – Let Me Live
O 1966 – Filmfare Best Actor Award – Khandaan
O 1967 – Best Actor Award of Bengal Film Journalists Association – Milan
O 1968 – Padma Shri
O 1982 – Sheriff of Bombay
O 1995 – Lifetime Achievement Award at Filmfare
O 1997 – Star Screen Lifetime Achievement Award
O 1998 – Rajiv Gandhi National Harmony Award[
o 2005 – दादा साहब फाल्के अकादमी का फाल्के अवार्ड
o 2005 – आईआईएफएस लन्दन का भारत गौरव सम्मान
(1) सुनील दत्त ने अपने कैरियर की शुरूआत साउथ एशिया के सबसे पुराने रेडियो स्टेशन सीलोन पर एक उद्घोषक के रूप में की। इससे इन्हें काफी लोकप्रियता हासिल हुई।
(2) इसके बाद सुनील दत्त ने फिल्म क्षेत्र में अभिनय करने का निर्णय लिया और मुुंबई आकर इस कार्य में जुट गए।
(3) इनकी सबसे पहली फिल्म रही,सन् 1955 में बनी फिल्म”रेलवे स्टेशन”।
(4) इन्हें बॉलीवुड का स्टार बनाने वाली फिल्म रही,सन् 1957 में बनी फिल्म “मदर इंडिया”।
(5) सन् 1964 में इनकी आने वाली फिल्म रही “मुझे जीने दो”। यह फिल्म इतनी सुुपर हिट रही कि इसनेे सुनील दत्त को फिल्म फेयर का सर्वश्रेष्ठ अभिनेता का पुरस्कार दिला दिया।
(6) फिल्म “खानदान” जो कि इस फिल्म के ठीक दो वर्ष बाद रिलीज हुई,पुन: इनको फिल्म फेयर का सर्वश्रेष्ठ अभिनेता का पुरस्कार दिला गई।
(7) सन् 1957 में बनी फिल्म “मदर इंडिया” मे एक दिन शूटिंग के दौरान सैट पर आग लग गई। नर्गिस दत्त को चारों तरफ आग से घिरा देख उन्हें बचाने के चक्कर मे खुद झुलस गए।
(8) यह घटना नर्गिस को प्रभावित कर गई और इन्होंने अपनी माँ को राजी कर 11 मार्च सन् 1958 को सुनील दत्त से विवाह रचा लिया।
(9) 60 के दशक मे इनकी एक से एक बेेहतरीन फिल्में आईं,जिनमें प्रमुख हैं – गुमराह,सुजाता,मुझे जीने दो, पड़ोसन, हमराज,खानदान इत्यादि।
(10) पहली बार इन्हें उत्तर पश्चिमी लोकसभा सीट से सन् 1984 में कांग्रेस पार्टी से टिकिट मिला और सांसद बने और लगातार पाँच बार यहाँ से साँसद चुने जाते रहे।
(11) इनकी मृत्यु के बाद इनकी पुत्री प्रिया दत्त यहीं से चुनाव जीतकर साँसद बनीं।
(12) अभिनेता,निर्माता,निर्देशक व राजनेता रहने वाले सुनील दत्त मुंबई से शेरिफ भी रहे।
( 2 )
Votes have rated this Naukri.
Average Rating is
#Sunil #Dutt #Biography #Biography #SunilDutt #Hindi #Jivani